It has been awhile since I have posted to the blog. Today’s post is about food and wine – my two favorite subjects. Specifically, what wine to serve with Christmas dinner – in particular Turkey and Ham. The wines are suggestions. You can always serve your favorite wine. Without going into detail, here are the wines I suggest. All of them are medium or lower priced.
With appetizers, I suggest either a Prosecco and for the sweeter palate a Moscato. All are very drinkable and less expensive then Champagne.
For white wines, I suggest three. In simple terms, I chose these because of the acidity and sweetness.
- Riesling – Semi sweet
- Sauvignon Blanc – California not New Zealand
- Pinot Grigio – Goes with all foods
- Pinot Noir – My favorite and I prefer Oregon, it has more body.
- Zinfandel – Adds a little spice. Make sure it is Old Vine.
- Barbera di Asti (Italy) – Light tannin and high acidity.
MERRY CHRISTMAS !!