- 4 Medjool Dates - must be Medjool (Large and Juicy)
- 1 Hot Italian Sausage link - remove skin
- 2 strips raw bacon - cut in half
- 2 Roasted Red peppers
- 1/2 Large Plum Tomato - coarsely chopped
- 2 cups Stale Bread- must be stale
- 2 Tbls. Toasted Pine Nuts - to toast , saute in frying pan over medium flame
- 1 garlic clove - diced
- 1 Tbls. fresh parsley - chopped
- 3 Tbls. Aged Balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha
- 1/2 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
HOW TO ROAST A RED PEPPER
Place peppers on grill. Roast over open flame for approximately 15 minutes, constantly turning. When they are charred and soft, put them in a pan and cover with aluminum foil. Remove after 15 minutes - cut in half and remove stem. Peel skin - it should come off easily.
Put a slit in each date and remove pit. Stuff with raw Italian Sausage. Wrap with bacon. Cook in oven for 20 minutes at 350 or until bacon is crispy.
Place roasted red peppers, plum tomato, bread, pine nuts, garlic clove, parsley, balsamic vinegar, and Sriracha in food processor. Slowly add extra virgin olive oil. Sauce will be thick.
Heat 2 tbls. of olive oil in saute pan, add Romesco sauce. Heat until hot. Place cooked stuffed dates on top of Romesco sauce. Garnish with chopped parsley.